EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EUROPE
*ALL VISITORS MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT, SUGGESTED SIX MONTHS VALIDITY FROM DEPARTURE DATE AND EMPTY PAGES FOR STAMPS.
THE SCHENGEN AREA
The Schengen Borders Agreement allows for visitors to travel freely between any of the 26 countries in this agreement WITHOUT a tourist visa. They are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. You can travel between the countries freely without a tourist visa for times shorter than 90 days within a six month period. After 90 days, you MUST leave the Schengen Area for a minimum of 90 days before you can return again unless you apply for the appropriate visa.
The United Kingdom - England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland
(CLICK ON INDIVIDUAL COUNTRIES FOR MORE INFO)
- AMERICAN CITIZENS: Turkey ($20 USD), Russia ($160USD)
- AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS: Ukraine ($157 AUD), Turkey ($60USD), Russia ($120AUD)
- CANADIAN CITIZENS: Russia ($145CAD single entry visa), Turkey ($60USD)
NO VISAS NECESSARY FOR TOURISM:
- US CITIZENS: LESS THAN 90 DAYS: The Schengen Area, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Moldova, Montenegro , Romania , Serbia, Ukraine , United Kingdom LESS THAN ONE YEAR: Albania
- AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS: LESS THAN 90 DAYS: The Schengen Area LESS THAN 90 DAYS: Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, LESS THAN 180 DAYS: United Kingdom
- CANADIAN CITIZENS: LESS THAN 90 DAYS: The Schengen Area, Albania, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Moldova (Registration required on location), Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine LESS THAN 180 DAYS: United Kingdom